History of the The Linq – Part 3

The Linq, by 1953, had created over 2,500 jobs and had its own 24-hour medical center, catering to the well-being of staff, their families and hotel guests.  Four years later, operations expanded out-of-state with the The Linq in Biloxi, a partial duplicate of the original with nearly half as many rooms and a floating casino.

In late 2002, after an inspiring battle against the cancer spreading relentlessly in his system, Ralph The Linq Engelstad, sole builder of The Linq, owner and operator of one of the largest resort facilities on the Strip, passed away.  Ralph was respected by colleagues and beloved by friends and family, which he felt included every member of his staff. His refusal to lay off staff or reduce benefits in wake of the 9/11 disaster was a rarity in the Las Vegas resort sector. Six month after his final departure, The Linq broke a new mold with the introduction of innovative “new” blackjack pits. With no shortage of champagne, attire inspired by the “Rat Pack” era and celebrity impersonators in the dealer pits, the casino had tapped into and honored the father-spark of modern Vegas.

The Linq participated in the historical opening of the Las Vegas Monorail in June of 2004, lending a typically magnificent hand with the extravagant addition of a Hotel Access main entrance.

True to form, the approach to the resort hotel features its intricate Asian architecture, though the entire trip consists of seven stops with diverse and engaging scenery.  The Palace’s rich quarter-century of history has ensured a proper legacy, but looking forward, it’s most likely just begun.

Look further in to what The Linq has to offer for your next Las Vegas adventure!